Who is Eligible to Apply?
Review eligibility requirements and required documents (Please note that Intake for the program ended 7/31/21 and new applications will not be accepted at this time.)Learn More
Who IS Eligible TO Apply?
(Please note that Intake for the program ended 7/31/21 and new applications will not be accepted at this time.)
Priority of assistance:
- Income Level (extremely low to low)
- Disability (any family member)
- Elderly (65 and over)
- Children (17 years old and under)
All applicants must meet:
- State and Federal Guidelines
- Pass a review of previously received storm funds
- Demonstrate a need to participate in the program
Documents Needed to Apply
Government Issued ID (only one form required)
- REAL ID compliant Driver’s License or Identification Card
- U.S. Birth Certificate with Government Issued Photo ID
- U.S. Passport
- Resident Alien Card (Green Card)
- Certificate of Naturalization with Government Issued Photo ID
- Military ID
Proof of Income (18 yrs. +)
- Most recent tax returns (IRS 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ) signed and submitted OR
- Salary/Wage: Last 3 months of pay stubs OR signed statement from employer stating wage and frequency of payment
- Benefits: Social security or disability, retirement, SSA, TANF, pension or annuity current letter of benefits (should include benefit amount)
- Unemployment Income: current letter of benefits or printouts (should include benefit amount)
Proof of Disability (If Disabled)
- Social Security or VA Letter
- Parking Placard Registration
- Statement from your Doctor
- Disability ID
Proof of Insurance
- Homeowner’s Insurance Policy Number
- Flood Insurance Policy Number
- If an applicant is located within a Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) and at any time has received federal disaster relief assistance that was conditioned on the person first having obtained flood insurance under applicable federal law, then proof of flood insurance obtained after receipt of federal disaster relief assistance and a copy of the applicant’s current proof of flood insurance will be required.
PROOF OF OWNERSHIP
- Deed of Official Record
- South Carolina DMV Title
- Bill of Sale
- Contract-for-Sale Deed
- Quitclaim Deed
What Homes Are Eligible?
- You must have owned and occupied your home at the time of the storm
- You must currently own your home
- You must have unrepaired storm related damage to a single family home or single family rental unit
- Home must be in an eligible county
How DO I aPPLY?
- Application intake concluded on 7/31/21.
- Email any questions related to the program [email protected]